Friday, February 8, 2008

Mexi-Pizzas

Ok so this is a recipe I've tried twice and looooved. Now I've never seen anything like it so I guess I'm going to take credit for it, my first original recipe on here so to speak. I call them Mexi-Pizzas.

You'll need:

2 whole wheat tortilla shells (10 inch)
1 can refried beans (I prefer black beans my self... either Annies or I believe Simply Organic)
about 4 tbsp of salsa
1 pepper (color of your choice or do 1/2 and 1/2) in thin strips
1 small!!! red onion or 1/4 of a large one (depends on how much you like onion)
1 Avocado

The way I put these babies together is, preheat oven to about 350-400 and on a pan put the tortilla shells, spread beans on first then a couple tbsp of salsa over them. Then cook the peppers slightly ( I usually do this with a little bit of vegetable broth in a pan) and put the peppers on and I like to put the onion on raw on top in thin strips... you can cook if you prefer but when they are very thin all they need is oven time. Then I bake them for about 10 mins, and while this is happening I make some guacamole with an avocado and a little bit of salsa and sometime garlic if I'm feeling it. Then I top the guac on the pizzas. Surprisingly simple and so goooood.

There! I'm officially an internet published recipe author... I didn't realize it'd be over so quickly...

No comments: