Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A love of all things green <3

So my hubby and I have been transitioning onto the Thrive Diet which is a vegan, all whole foods diet for energy. We made his pecan sunflower burgers (pecans, sunflower seeds, apple cider vinegar, cayenne, chili flakes, coconut oil, sea salt - food processed together) then I fried them in a little coconut oil. I topped them with his miso guacamole (avocadoes, tomato, garlic, onion, tahini, miso paste, lemon and mashed together). It was supposed to have kelp but I didn't have any. Then I made garlic oregano sweet potato fries (garlic, oregano, sweet potato, basil, coconut oil, pumpkin seeds chopped). This one was supposed to be yam but I don't listen to recipes well. The combination was phenomenal!! It was delish! I especially loved the guacamole... so gonna have on chips and make it for my superbowl party this weekend! I love it!


Speaking of a lot of green.... I finally made the cupcakes I've been wanting to make forever. They are not pretty because I couldn't wait for them to cool before I put on the glaze. Here are the fabulous, beautiful on the inside green tea cupcakes. Mmmmm...
So that's all the yummies I have for now.. hopefully I will have some pics of my Superbowl spread of food this Sunday. I'm gonna make my non-vegan friends LOVE vegan food... just you wait!!

No comments: