Monday, January 28, 2008

Small setback

Well... I fell off the wagon this weekend. During moving and cleaning and such I got a little lazy. I also wanted to go to a favorite local restaurant called Pasta Polo one last time... they have fresh pasta (no doubt made with eggs), greek salad with feta cheese, and fudge brownie cake with whipped cream and a little ice cream. Yes, I'm a little ashamed that I fell off the wagon only a week into my attempt but a small setback is not going to ruin me. I will just jump back on and keep rolling with it.

I did make the best vegan cupcakes to date from VCTOTW... the green tea ones with the glaze. They are amazing!! I will post a picture when i find my camera amongst the rubble of my unpacking. I was a bit impatient and didn't let them cool before I used the glaze *sigh.

Also I am having a Superbowl party this weekend and trying to find delicious finger foods that are vegan for some very carnivore attendees. In fact I'm avoiding letting them know I've gone vegan so they will actually eat the food I serve, hehe. So if anyone has any suggestions let me know. I am thinking of some sort of tortilla vegetable roll, maybe salsa and hummus and tortilla chips, some yummy cupcakes... and not sure what else. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: