Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Pasta replacer: Zucchini!


Tried a couple more Thrive Diet recipes: Zucchini Pasta & Sweet Pepper Hemp Pesto. Very, very yummy. I'm not sure if I'm completely convinced it will cure my cravings when the pasta is calling to me but it was very good. Zucchini Pasta was peeled zucchini, which might I add, not an easy thing to do!, sesame seeds, garlic, and fry it in coconut oil. Oh and of course I added something... I thought mushrooms would be a good addition. Took me forever to peel the stupid zucchinis. I tried whole the first time and ended up with nub to cut at the end, the second one I cut into four, big mistake! Took twice as long and I had four nubs to deal with! So no idea how to do this properly. The pesto is sweet peppers, hemp seed, sesame seed, brewer's yeast, hemp oil, fresh basil, and sea salt. It says it's good on crackers and as a dip as well. Tasty, I enjoyed it on the hot zucchini so I may warm it slightly for next use. I've heard sesame seeds and red peppers are supposed to be very healthy together for the body, not really sure why. Definitely worth trying!!!

No comments: